CastCotta™ is an advanced Terracotta alternative that was recently Trademarked by ConSpec Associates. It has a significant history with some very distinct and unique advantages.
- Has a material track record of 30 years.
- A product record going back to the mid 80’s.
- It is identical in Form and Function to Terracotta but weighs only 120PCF.
- It can be produced in both glazed and unglazed formats, to match the original terra cotta materials on any project.
- Has an unlimited glaze library focusing around NYC projects.
- Is cement based with a proprietary cement that provides:
- No adhesion problems for mortars or sealants
- No fire issues
- While being cement based, it has none of the negatives associated with replacing Terracotta with Precast:
- Instead of 150PCF which is incompatible with Terracotta infill it is 60 % lighter and 20% lighter than Terracotta.
- Contains no metallic rebar, thus eliminating the potential for corrosion and spalling.
- Has thermally consistent Coefficient of Thermal Expansion with Terracotta unlike Precast which need joint size recalculation.
- Body color available is traditional Terracotta bisque color.
- It is manufactured within 60 miles of New York.
- Delivery time is 6-8 weeks
For more information or to view the specification, please visit Documentation.
If you would like a quote, please Contact Us.